The Wilmington volleyball team faced Muskingum in Wilmington, Ohio on Tuesday evening and fell in straight sets, 3-0 (25-15, 25-14, 25-16).
- Wilmington now stands at 4-20 overall and 0-8 in the OAC.
- Muskingum is 18-5 overall, 5-3 in the OAC.
- The Quakers will play their final regular season home match at Wilmington against Heidelberg on Saturday, October 28. The match is slated for 1:00 p.m.
- With the loss, Wilmington is now in tenth place in the OAC.
- Muskingum has been receiving votes in the nationally ranked polls throughout the last month.
- Muskingum was coming off a two game losing streak.
How It Happened
- Wilmington struggled to earn points in set one (25-15), suffered offensively in set two (25-14), and made a great effort, but fell in set three (25-16).
- Amber Rox finished a game-best in kills (5),
- Taylor McCuiston led the backrow with 13 digs.
- Rebecca Harting contributed 11 digs.
- Alyssa McKenzie tossed 15 assists and added nine digs.
- Ariel Goforth notched four kills.
Coach O'Brien mentioned pregame, "I'm excited for our team to get another opportunity to compete with some of the best programs in the OAC. Muskingum has been having a great year and I think we have what it takes to compete with them all night"
After the match Coach O'Brien had a couple more thoughts on what he saw that was good out there as well as what they are going to work on for the next match come Saturday. " I think we did some great things on the court tonight from a competitive perspective. We competed every point and played very hard for all three sets. I think we found ourselves in one our two serve receive rotations where we struggled to get out of and that was ultimately the difference in the match."