The Wilmington College baseball team dropped a pair of Ohio Athletic Conference game Friday at Tewksbury-Delaney Field Friday.
GAME ONE: BALDWIN WALLACE 19, WILMINGTON 1
- Sophomore Gage Bley (Harrison, OH/Harrison) recorded WC's lone RBI of the game, a single in the bottom of the third inning, scoring freshman Kasey Bottorff (Columbus, OH/Hamilton Township).
- Other than Bley and Bottorff, three other players had singles – Nick Silvis (Beavercreek, OH/Indian Lake), Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) and Lane Stevenson (Brookville, OH/Brookville).
- Freshman Matt Oney, 3-4, (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle) took the loss, allowing eight earned runs on 11 hits in 4 1/3 innings.
GAME TWO: BALDWIN WALLACE 14, WILMINGTON 3
- Junior Joshua Chua (Lancaster, England/Claremont [CA]) accounted for a pair of Wilmington's three runs, scoring two with his double in the sixth inning. He finished 2-for-4 with the double as the only WC player with multiple hits.
- Junior Jake Robinson (Westerville, OH/South) brought home the other run with a ground out in the ninth. He was 1-for-4 with a RBI in the game.
- Sophomore Joey Hollback (Salem, OH/Sebring McKinney) was hung with the loss, allowing eight earned runs on 12 hits in four innings of action.
- Silvis, Hyatt and sophomore Ryan Collett (Wilmington, OH/Clinton Massie) added hits for the Fightin' Quakers.
Wilmington (7-22 overall, 2-8 OAC) travels to Otterbein 1 p.m. Wednesday for Ohio Athletic Conference action.