WILMINGTON, Ohio- On Friday, the Fightin' Quakers were back in action in a dual meet against Thomas More College. This meet was the first on their home course this season. The women competed in a 2-mile race, significantly shorter than their lengthy 6k race the week before. Despite hard racing and good efforts, Wilmington finished second with 45 points, only 12 points behind Thomas More.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Allison Helmke (Defiance, OH/Tinora), a usual dominating force for the Quakers, was no different tonight. She finished third with a time of 13:50.8.
- Senior Stephanie Fetters (West Milton, OH/Milton-Union) was the next highest finisher for the team, finished fifth with a time of 14:23.8.
- Freshmen Cheyenne Rhodes (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) and Emma Burke (Hillard, OH/Darby) clocked in close behind at 14:51.3 and 15:14.4, respectively. These times earned them seventh and eighth place.
- Fellow Freshmen Keva Cox (Germantown, OH/Valley View) and Riley Claytor (Fayetteville, OH/Fayetteville-Perry) closed out the field for Wilmington, running in to place in tenth and 12th place with times of 15:30.5 and 16:00.7, respectively.
- Freshman Kacey Burns (Milford Center,OH/Fairbanks), the team's top finisher in the Louisville Classic 6k last week did not compete this weekend due to illness.
HEAD COACH QUOTES
- "I thought the girls team competed and made some good strides. We were missing one of our top girls due to illness. I'm hoping we can get everyone healthy and compete well at home next weekend."
- Wilmington will host the JennaStrong Fall Classic October 14. The women's race starts at 4:30 p.m., followed by the men's at 5:15