The Wilmington volleyball team faced Heidelberg in Wilmington, Ohio on Saturady afternoon and fell in straight sets, 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-17).
- Wilmington finishes the season at 4-21 overall and 0-9 in the OAC.
- Muskingum is 16-11 overall, 6-3 in the OAC.
- With the loss, Wilmington is now in tenth place in the OAC.
- Heidelberg finishes the regular season clinching the #5 spot in the OAC tournament.
How It Happened
- Wilmington struggled to stop the outside hitters from Heidelberg in set one (25-14), suffered defensively in set two (25-12), and made a great effort, but fell in set three (25-17).
- Senior Kennedy Harshaw finished a game-best in kills (6) tied with freshman Ariel Goforth.
- Senior Becca Harting led the team defensively and in serve receive with 10 service receptions and 14 digs.
- Senior Ileesha White had a career night in blocking, totaling one solo block and three block assists.
- Senior Hannah Kockentiet notched two service aces along with six digs..
Following the match Coach O'Brien had some comments about his seniors and what they have eat to the growth since becoming head coach of the volleyball program. "I think these seniors had a tough decision to make when I came to Wilmington three years ago. They very easily could have left the program due to the coaching change. Instead, they made a tougher decision to invest into the volleyball program and truly exemplify what it means to be leaders and accept a knew way of leading a program. These four seniors have been leaders on and off the court since I arrived three years ago. They have left a legacy of hard work, determination and what it takes to be a good teammate. I can't be more proud of these four seniors and I wish them all the luck in the world with their future endeavors."