The Wilmington College volleyball team fell in straight sets (25-8, 25-9, 15-16) to nationally ranked Ohio Northern Tuesday in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Fred Raizk Arena in Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ohio Northern was extremely efficient at the net with 40 kills and just four errors in 102 attempts.
- Wilmington played most of the match without its top two offensive threats in freshman Ariel Goforth (Memphis, TN/Bartlett) and freshman Jillian Wesco (Troy, OH/Miami East). Bartlett played sparingly in the third set.
- Freshman Taylor McCuiston (Troy, OH/Miami East) finished with a team-high eight kills on 34 attempts and a team-high 10 digs.
- Goforth, sophomore Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, OH/Lawrenceburg) and freshman Karley Schlensker (Fairfield, OH/Stephen T. Badin) finished with four kills each.
- Sophomore Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) led the team with 16 assists.
- Senior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) added nine digs, while sophomore Morgan Householder (Somerset, OH/Sheridan) and Schlensker finished with eight digs.
"I thought Taylor had a nice game offensively," said Wilmington head coach Tim O'Brien. "She competed the entire set and I was impressed with her arm swing. We are looking forward to getting back in the gym and practicing before a tough match against Mount Union on Saturday."
Wilmington (4-18 overall, 0-6 OAC) travels to Mount Union 1 p.m. Saturday.