The Wilmington College volleyball team opened Ohio Athletic Conference season with a straight set loss (25-20, 25-22, 25-23) to John Carroll at Fred Raizk Arena in Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilmington scored the first three points of the first set, and led by as much as 13-7 before JCU scored 11 of the next 12 points to take the lead. The Fightin' Quakers didn't lead for the rest of the match.
- Freshman Ariel Goforth (Memphis, TN/Bartlett) finished with a team-high eight kills on 30 attempts with 11 digs.
- Sophomore Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) added six kills on 15 attempts.
- Freshman Karley Schlensker (Fairfield, OH/Stephen T. Badin) led the team with 13 digs.
- Freshman Lauryn Griewahn (Adrian, MI/Adrian) dished out a team-high 16 assists, while sophomore Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) added 11 assists.
- Freshman Jillian Wesco (Troy, OH/Miami East) recorded three of WC's five service aces with eight digs and five kills.
Wilmington (4-12 overall, 0-1 OAC) travels to Capital 7 p.m. Tuesday.