The Wilmington College volleyball team fell in straight sets to Ohio Christian, 25-20, 25-22, 25-9, Tuesday in non-conference action at Fred Raizk Arena in Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first two sets went down to the wire with the Trailblazers sealing each with late runs. They scored seven of the last eight in the first set, and eight of the last 11 in the second set.
- Ohio Christian scored 13 of the first 14 points in the final set to secure the victory.
- Freshman Jillian Wesco (Troy, OH/Miami East) finished with a career-high 12 kills. It marked the third game she recorded at least 10 kills. Wesco also added two solo blocks for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Sophomore Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) led the team with 10 digs and two service aces.
- Freshman Lauryn Griewahn (Adrian, MI/Adrian) distributed 25 assists with four digs.
Wilmington (1-6) will have a quick turnaround as WC travels to Central State 6 p.m. Wednesday.