CINCINNATI – The Wilmington College volleyball team recorded its first win of the season, beating Berea in straight sets (25-20, 25-20, 25-23) Friday at the Charlie Wrublewski Tournament, hosted by Mount St. Joseph.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilmington featured a balanced scoring attack as three players, freshman Jillian Wesco (Troy, OH/Miami East), sophomore Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) and sophomore Meghan Koch (Fayetteville, OH/Fayetteville Perry), all registered eight kills.
- Wesco added a solo block and two block assists for Wilmington.
- Freshman Ariel Goforth (Memphis, TN/Bartlett) added seven kills and a team-high 11 digs.
- Senior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) also had 11 digs for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Freshman Lauryn Griewahn (Adrian, MI/Adrian) recorded three of Wilmington's six service aces. She added a career-high 38 assists in the victory.
- "Tonight was a good win for us," said Wilmington head coach Tim O'Brien. "We finally put all aspects of the game together for three consistent sets. I thought our service receive had a great game tonight. I thought our middles did an exceptional job of scoring points when they needed to. We are looking forward to continuing this tournament on a winning note tomorrow."
Wilmington remains in Cincinnati, playing host Mount St. Joseph 11 a.m. Saturday and Cincinnati Christian 2:30 p.m. Saturday.