FRANKLIN, IN – The Wilmington College volleyball team fell to Franklin in straight sets (25-13, 25-18, 25-13) Wednesday in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Fightin' Quakers had a positive hitting percentage in one of the three sets, hitting .258 in the second set.
- Freshman Jillian Wesco (Troy, OH/Miami East) posted a hitting percentage of .263 with a team-high eight kills on 19 attempts with three errors.
- Freshman Ariel Goforth (Bartlett, TN/Bartlett) added a seven kills on 22 attempts. She contributed a team-high two block assists in the loss.
- In her first game of the season, Hannah Salyers (Monroe, OH/Monroe) was efficient with four kills on six attempts and zero errors.
- Freshman Lauryn Griewahn (Adrian, MI/Adrian) led the team with 20 assists and seven digs. Sophomore Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) finished with six digs.
Wilmington (0-3) travels to Cincinnati this weekend to participate in the Charlie Wrublewski Tournament, hosted by Mount St. Joseph University. WC plays Berea 5 p.m. Friday, before playing the host Lions 11 a.m. Saturday and Cincinnati Christian 2:30 p.m. Saturday.