TIFFIN – The Wilmington College volleyball team closed the season falling in a pair of matches Saturday. The Fightin' Quakers fell in straight sets in OAC action to Heidelberg and then lost in straight sets to Ohio Wesleyan in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED (HEIDELBERG)
- Wilmington lost to the host Heidelberg, 25-12, 25-14, 25-15. The Student Princes will be the second seed in the upcoming OAC tournament.
- Junior Kennedy Harshaw (Xenia, OH/Yellow Springs) finished with nine kills on 29 attempts, while freshman Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) added seven kills on 30 attempts.
- Three players finished with double-figure digs as freshman Morgan Householder (Somerset, OH/Sheridan) led the way with 12. Junior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) and Rox added 11 digs.
- Freshman Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) distributed a team-high 14 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED (OHIO WESLEYAN)
- Wilmington dropped the 25-12, 25-21, 25-12 decision to the Battling Bishops.
- Rox finished with a team-high six kills on 22 attempts and seven digs. Harshaw added five kills on 22 attempts.
- Householder led the team with 10 digs, and added four kills.
- McKenzie finished with 13 digs to lead Wilmington.
Wilmington finished the season 3-25 overall.