The Wilmington College volleyball team continues to show improvement as the Fightin' Quakers fell to Capital Tuesday, 3-1 (25-21, 22-25, 25-14, 25-22), in Ohio Athletic Conference action in Fred Raizk Arena at Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It marked the first time in two years Wilmington has won a set in OAC action. They fell to Marietta, 3-2, on October 3, 2014.
- Trailing by six (17-11) in the fourth set, the Fightin' Quakers rallied to take the lead (21-20). However, Capital tallied five of the last six points to escape with the victory.
- Wilmington held a lead in each of the four sets.
- Senior Kara Short (Conover, OH/Fairlawn), playing setter due to injuries, amassed a career-high 30 assists. She entered this season with 10 career assists, and has accumulated 62 in the last three matches.
- Freshman Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) finished with her fourth double-double of the season with 10 kills and 14 digs.
- Junior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) added 13 digs and freshman Morgan Householder (Somerset, OH/Sheridan) tallied 10 digs.
- Junior Ileesha White (Columbus, OH/Walnut Ridge) and freshman Lauren Fraysier (Marion, OH/River Valley) each had one block solo and two block assists. Fraysier added a career-high nine kills.
- Wilmington (1-16 overall, 0-2 OAC) travels to Berea, OH to face Baldwin Wallace (19-2 overall, 1-1 OAC).