NORTH MANCHESTER, IN – The Wilmington College volleyball team wrapped up play in the 2016 Manchester Invitational by losing a pair of games. The Fightin' Quakers fell to Governors State, 3-1 (25-21, 25-13, 20-25, 25-22), and lost to IU-Northwest, 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-13).
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME ONE)
- Senior Kara Short (Conover, OH/Fairlawn), who was named to the All-tournament team, finished with 11 kills on 40 attempts with eight digs.
- Freshman Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) added her second double-double of the season with 10 kills and 12 digs.
- Freshman Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) finished with at least 20 assists for the second time this year, distributing a career-high 25 and adding 11 digs.
- Junior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) led the team with 17 digs, while junior Kennedy Harshaw (Yellow Springs, OH/Xenia) contributed 13 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME TWO)
- Wilmington finished with just 12 kills in the straight sets loss as Harshaw and Rox had three kills each.
- McKenzie dished out eight of WC's 10 assists and had a team-high eight digs.
- Harting finished with seven digs.
- Junior Hannah Kockentiet (Alpha, OH/Dayton Christian) finished with a team-high three service aces.
Wilmington (1-11 overall) hosts Berea 7 p.m. Wednesday in non-conference action. The Fightin' Quakers fell to Berea in straight sets earlier this season.