The Wilmington College volleyball team won the first set, and then dropped the next three, losing to Franklin in non-conference action, 20-25, 25-13, 25-10, 25-17, at Fred Raizk Arena in Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilmington claimed the opener with a match-high nine kills in the set, and it was the only positive hitting set of the match. The Fightin' Quakers hit .125 nine kills with five errors on 32 attempts.
- Freshman Amber Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) had a career-high 50 attacks, finishing with 10 kills. She added eight digs.
- Freshman Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) tied a career-high with 19 assists.
- Junior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) recorded more than 20 digs for the first time in her career, finishing with 21. It's her ninth career match with double-figure digs.
- Freshman Lauren Fraysier (Marion, OH/River Valley) and senior Kara Short (Conover, OH/Fairlawn) both had five kills.
Wilmington (0-3) will be participating in the Mount St. Joseph University Tournament Friday and Saturday. The Fightin' Quakers will play Berea 6 p.m. Friday, the host Lions 11 a.m. Saturday and compete the three-game tournament with a 2:30 match against North Central.