Freshman Amber Rox was stellar in her collegiate debut, however, the Wilmington College volleyball team fell to UC-Clermont Thursday, 3-1 (25-16, 22-25, 26-24, 25-17) in non-conference action at Fred Raizk Arena in Hermann Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rox (Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg) led the team with 18 kills on 47 attempts with eight errors. She added a team-high 18 digs.
- Senior Kara Short (Conover, OH/Fairlawn) and freshman Jessica Hadley (Germantown, OH/Valley View) both added seven kills for Wilmington.
- Freshman Alyssa McKenzie (Adrian, MI/Adrian) dished out a team-high 19 assists with two service aces.
- Wilmington finished with seven service aces as a team, led by Hadley's three.
- In addition to Rox, four other Fightin' Quakers tallied double-digit digs. Junior Becca Harting (Farmersville, OH/Valley View) had 13, Short added 12 and McKenzie finished with 11.
- Wilmington held a late lead in the third set, 21-20, before the Cougars scored the last two points for the 26-24 win.
Wilmington (0-1) hosts Kenyon in non-conference action 7 p.m. Tuesday.