ALLIANCE – A goal in the 82nd minute provided the margin of defeat as the Wilmington College women's soccer team fell to Mount Union Saturday, 2-1, in Ohio Athletic Conference at Mount Union Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- All of the scoring came in the second half as the teams combined for 17 of the game's 21 shots in the second 45-minute half.
- The Purple Raiders took the lead just 17 seconds into the second half, but the lead didn't last long.
- Senior Ashley Lovett (Washington Court House, OH/Senior) tallied her sixth goal of the season with an unassisted goal in the 49th minute.
- Wilmington finished with 11 shots, five of which were on goal. Senior Mellonee Hall (Beavercreek, OH/Beavercreek) had two of the five.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) finished with three saves on five shots.
Wilmington (5-9-2 overall, 1-5-1) hosts Muskingum 7 p.m. Tuesday on Townsend Field at Williams Stadium.