The Wilmington College women's soccer team surrendered three goals over a 10-minute stretch and fell to #15 Ohio Northern, 4-0, Wednesday in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Townsend Field in Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ohio Northern scored the game's first goal at 26:28, and then added another tally 14 seconds later.
- The Polar Bears added a third first-half goal in the 38th minute.
- ONU rounded out the scoring in the 76th minute.
- Wilmington was held without a shot for the first 70 minutes of the game.
- Senior Ashley Lovett (Washington Court House, OH/Senior) finished with two shots on goal, while junior Hanna Greaney (Dayton, OH/Carroll) added another shot on goal.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) recorded four saves on seven shots in the first half, while junior Leda Moyer (Martinsville, OH/Clinton-Massie) finished with three saves on four shots in the second half.
"They are probably the most consistent team we have played this year; consistent in what they do, consistent in how they play," said Wilmington head coach Steve Spirk. "When you give them chances, they are going to put them away. There was a 10-minute span in the first half in which we gave them three goals. We don't give that up, maybe it's a close game. You can't make the mistakes we made today and win games."
Wilmington (5-8-2 overall, 1-4-1 OAC) travels to Mount Union 1 p.m. Saturday for its final regular season road game of the year.