MARIETTA – With less than four minutes remaining in the second overtime period, the Wilmington College women's soccer team yielded the game-winning goal as Marietta came back from a two-goal deficit for the 3-2 Ohio Athletic Conference victory Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Alex Vestal (Orlando, FL/Lake Nona) dribbled into the box and beat the goalkeeper to give Wilmington the lead in the 32nd minute.
- Junior Taylor Leake (Beavercreek, OH/Beavercreek) added to the lead with her first goal of the season in the 48th minute. Junior Kaitlin Evans (Leesburg, OH/Leesburg Fairfield) was credited with the assist.
- Marietta got on the board in the 69th minute, and then with less than four minutes remaining in regulation, the Pioneers found the equalizer.
- After being inserted into the game before the first overtime period, junior Leda Moyer (Martinsville, OH/Clinton-Massie) surrendered her first goal of the season in the second OT period. It snapped a span of 234 minutes without yielding a marker.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) recorded two saves on four shots in 90 minutes of action.
Wilmington (5-7-2 overall, 1-3-1 OAC) hosts Ohio Northern 7 p.m. Wednesday in Ohio Athletic Conference action.