BEXLEY – The Wilmington College women's soccer team fell below .500 this season with a 2-1 loss to Capital Wednesday, 2-1, in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Bernlohr Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Ashley Lovett (Washington Court House, OH/Senior) and sophomore Alex Vestal (Orlando, FL/Lake Nona) combined for all seven shots and all five of the shots on goal.
- Vestal scored Wilmington's lone goal of the game, scoring in the 81st minute to give WC life. However, it was the last shot launched in the game.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) faced a season-high 10 shots with a season-high eight saves, four in each half. After facing 23 shots with 10 saves over the first nine games, Hosler has faced 17 shots with 15 saves in the last two games.
- Capital took the lead with a goal in the 40th minute, and added an important insurance goal in the 56th minute.
- The Crusaders finished with a 17-7 advantage in shots and tallied seven of the game's eight corner kicks.
Wilmington (4-5-2 overall, 0-1-1 OAC) returns to host Baldwin Wallace 7 p.m. Saturday on Townsend Field in Williams Stadium.