CINCINNATI – The Wilmington College women's soccer team fell to Mount St. Joseph Saturday, 2-1, in non-conference action at Schueler Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After trailing 1-0 at halftime, sophomore Alex Vestal (Orlando, FL/Lake Nona) hit the inside of the post from the right flank for the equalizer. She had both of Wilmington's shots on goal, and she was the only player with multiple shots.
- Mount St. Joseph took the lead for good with a goal in the 67th minute.
- MSJ held the edge in shots, 7-5, and both teams managed one save over the 90 minutes.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) finished with one save on three shots.
- Wilmington took four corner kicks to MSJ's two, and WC was called for seven of the 10 fouls.
- "I was pleased with our effort," said Wilmington head coach Steve Spirk. "We came out fast and furious in the second half and had a number of scoring chances. They scored late, and I think we ran out of gas."
Wilmington (0-2) travels to Wittenberg 7 p.m. Wednesday in non-conference action.