WILMINGTON, OH – The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers women's Lacrosse team took on the John Carroll Blue Streaks this afternoon. Wilmington lost against John Carroll by a score of 22-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• John Caroll was led by Colleen Grombala scoring three goals in the first half this afternoon. Wilmington was unable to get into an offensive flow in part because of a great defensive effort put forth by John Carroll.
• In the second half Wilmington's junior Becca Petra (Liberty Township, OH/ Lakota East) was able to score the lone goal of the day, assisted by freshman Rachel Brown (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon). John Carroll led at the half by a score of 14-0.
• John Carroll's Grace Curatolo was able to score one goal in the second half and assist on four additional goals pushing the lead 22-1 at the end of the game.
• Defensively, freshman Clara Blaine (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon) was able to cause two turnovers and pick up two ground balls.
• Sophomore goalie, Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) allowed 17 goals while totaling five saves on the afternoon.
• "We played a solid 60 minutes and I was happy that we were able to put in a goal in the second half," said Coach Bree Galloway.
• "Our defense is continuing to get better and the team's on-the-field communication improved a lot during today's game," said Coach Galloway.
Wilmington (1-10) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 12th, competing at Otterbein in a conference game.