WILMINGTON, OH –Wilmington suffered a tough loss to the Mount Union Purple Raiders, 21-0, Saturday afternoon in the first conference game of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Mount Union totaled 45 shots on the afternoon with 38 of them being on goal and eventually scoring 21 total goals.
• In the first period Mount Union scored an impressive 16 goals while the Wilmington defense struggled to slow down the fast pace offense
• Defensively, junior Kara Griffith (Springfield, OH/Springfield) was able to cause two turnovers and pick up four ground balls.
• Sophomore goalie, Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) allowed 16 goals while totaling 9 saves on the afternoon.
• "Today, I thought we fought hard and hustled for a full 60 minutes," said Coach Bree Galloway.
• "We were able to cause a lot of turnovers and our open passes and transitions are continuing to get smoothed out this season," said Coach Galloway.
Wilmington (1-6) returns to action 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 28th, competing at home against Thomas More in non-conference action.