WILMINGTON, OH – Freshman Clara Blaine (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon), freshman Rachel Brown, and junior Abby Engelhart (Westerville, OH/North) each scored a goal in route to a loss against the Franklin Grizzlies, 17-3, Tuesday evening in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Franklin came out strong in the first period scoring 11 goals including four from Lexi Ingram. Blaine was able to notch the lone goal from Wilmington near the end of the first. At halftime the score was 11-1 with the Grizzlies in the lead.
• Franklin again came out quick in the second period scoring six goals. Wilmington was able to add two additional goals by Engelhart and Brown.
• Defensively, freshman Summer Wilbur (Manchester, OH/Manchester) led the way causing two turnovers, while junior Kara Griffith (Springfield, OH/Springfield) was able to pick up four ground balls.
• Sophomore goalie, Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) allowed 12 goals while totaling 11 saves on the evening.
• "This evening we played a toughoffensive team in Franklin," said Coach Bree Galloway.
• "Our focus now has to be on the next part of our season and that starts with our first conference match coming up on Saturday. The work we put in this week will be geared towards this next phase of our season," said Coach Galloway.
Wilmington (1-5) returns to action 1:00 p.m. Saturday, March 25th, competing at home against Mount Union in this season's first conference action.