The Wilmington College softball team dropped a pair of Ohio Athletic Conference games to league leader Otterbein Wednesday at the Wilmington College Softball Complex.
GAME ONE: OTTERBEIN 3, WILMINGTON 0
- Otterbein scored the first run of the game on a two-out single in the third inning, and added a pair of runs in the fourth inning for all of the scoring.
- Senior Becca Carpenter, 2-12, (South Charleston, OH/Southeastern) hurled her fifth complete game of the season. She allowed three runs on 11 hits with three strikeouts.
- Junior Savannah Hooper (Leesburg, OH/Wilmington) reached base twice in her three plate appearances. She was 1-for-2 with two stolen bases and a walk.
- Senior Sydney Kelly (Sycamore, OH/Sycamore) and freshman Jillia Cook (Canton, OH/Glen Oak) also had hits for the Fightin' Quakers.
GAME TWO: OTTERBEIN 11, WILMINGTON 1
- Otterbein scored seven runs in the top of the sixth inning for the run-ruled victory.
- Cook recorded Wilmington's lone RBI, a two-out single in the fifth inning that pulled the Fightin' Quakers to within 4-1.
- Seven WC players recorded hits with Hooper having the team's only extra base hit, a double in the bottom of the first inning.
- Junior Meranda Wilson (Marysville, OH/Marysville) recorded her first career stolen base.
- Freshman Mariyah Burkhardt, 1-7, (Springfield, OH/Kenton Ridge) allowed four earned runs on five hits in the loss.
Wilmington (6-26 overall, 2-12 OAC) hosts Marietta 1 p.m. Saturday in Ohio Athletic Conference. The Fightin' Quakers will honor the contributions of three seniors, Kelly, Carpenter and Kerrie Trautman (Hartville, OH/Field).