HANOVER, IN – The Wilmington College softball team dropped a pair of game Wednesday in non-conference action to Hanover.
GAME ONE: HANOVER 5, WILMINGTON 1
- Wilmington scored its lone run of the game as freshman Micalah Hensley (Houston, OH/Houston) recorded the first homerun of her career with one-out in the seventh inning.
- The Fightin' Quakers didn't manage a hit through the first four innings.
- WC went 0-for-7 with five strikeouts with runners in scoring position in stranding six runners on base.
- Sophomore Madi Wellendorf (Akron, OH/Firestone) recorded her first career hit, a double in the seventh inning.
- Freshman Jillia Cook (Canton, OH/Glen Oak) and senior Kerrie Trautman (Hartville, OH/Field) also had hits for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Senior Becca Carpenter, 0-8, (South Charleston, OH/Southeastern) went four innings, allowed five runs (four earned) on five hits with two strikeouts.
GAME TWO: HANOVER 3, WILMINGTON 0
- All of the scoring game in the bottom of the fourth inning as the Hanover put together three straight hits to score two runs, and then tallied an unearned run with two outs.
- Wilmington had a base runner in each of the first four innings and five of the game's seven innings.
- Freshman Kaylee Barber (Columbus, OH/Westland) finished with two of WC's four hits, going 2-for-3.
- Junior Savannah Hooper (Leesburg, OH/Wilmington) and Hensley had the other hits.
- Freshman Mariyah Burkhardt, 1-2, (Springfield, OH/Kenton Ridge) took the loss, allowing three runs (two earned) on four hits in 3 1/3 innings.
Wilmington (3-15 overall) returns to Ohio Athletic Conference action, hosting Capital in a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m.