Oct 28, 2017
TIFFIN- The Wilmington College men's soccer team completed the 2017 regular season Saturday afternoon in a match against Heidelberg University. Despite an impressive effort by senior goalie Chris Bourque (Batavia, OH/Batavia), the Fightin' Quakers were unable to defeat the Student Princes, and fell 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Of the 14 shots on goal by Heidelberg, Bourque impressively saved 11, only allowing three past his body and into the goal.
- The Fightin' Quakers totaled nine shots throughout the 90 minute game, five of which were on goal. Of the five on goal shots, one scored.
- Assisted by both freshman Wille Winald (Asa, Sweden/Elof Lindalv) and junior Leandro Foscaches (Campo Grande, Brazil/Dom Bosco), junior Treshaun Pate (Cincinnati, OH/Princeton) hit the back of the net in the 79th minute of play, scoring the team's only goal of the match.
- Over the course of the match, Pate found a total of two shots, both of which were on goal, the one ultimately scoring. Sophomore Roman Kirschner (Opava, Czech Republic/Mendel's Grammar School) took three shots in the duration of the match, with one on frame. Both Winald and senior Nils Asteberg (Ojersjo, Sweden/Porthalla Gymnasium) tallied one shot on goal, adding to the overall count. Junior Benny Spirk (Wilmington, OH/Wilmington) also found a single shot during the match, though not on frame.
- Asteberg and sophomore Tommy Logan (Cincinnati, OH/Northwest) both received Yellow Cards- Logan's in the first half and Asteberg's in the second.