Posted: Oct 25, 2017
NEW CONCORD- The Wilmington College men's soccer team took on Muskingum University in OAC action Wednesday afternoon. In a physical, penalty heavy match, the Fightin' Quakers were able to best the Muskies; the final score 4-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Fightin' Quakers came flying out of the gate, scoring two goals within the first three minutes of play. Junior Treshaun Pate (Cincinnati, OH/Princeton), assisted by junior Jason Altmayer (Bethel, OH/Bethel Tate), tallied the first goal of the evening at minute 2:07. Only a minute later, at 3:18, freshman Wille Winald (Asa, Sweden/Elof Lindalv) passed the ball to junior Daniel Kappelin (Pixbo, Sweden/IHGR) for the team's second goal of the match.
- WC found their next two goals in the second half. Winald tallied his first goal of the match with an assist from senior Nils Asteberg (Ojersejo, Sweden/Porthalla Gymnasium) two minutes into the start of the half, at minute 47. The team's final goal was scored, unassisted, by Kappelin, in the 77th minute.
- The Fightin' Quakers played evenly throughout the match, mustering 12 shots per half. Of their 24 total shots, ten were on goal.
- Three Fightin' Quakers earned Yellow Cards in the second half of tonight's physical game- sophomores JC Brewer (New Carlisle, OH/Tecumseh), Nati Wallis (Clarksville, OH/Landmark Christian), and Tommy Logan (Cincinnati, OH/Northwest)- while the Muskies were given three Yellow Cards and one Red Card throughout the match.
- The Fightin' Quakers travel to Heidelberg University 2 PM Saturday for the final game of the regular season.