Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's Lacrosse team took on the John Carroll Blue Streaks. Wilmington lost against John Carroll by a score of 17-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first quarter John Carroll was able to put in three goals on multiple offensive possessions but senior goalie Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/Kings) made countless saves to keep the score at 3-0.
- In the second quarter Wilmington was able to add two goals, one by freshman Andrew Miller (Plain City, OH/ Jonathan Alder) and another by senior Reid Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster). Wilmington was unable to hold off the offensive threat from John Carroll allowing five more goals, putting the score at John Carroll 8 and Wilmington 3.
- In the third quarter, John Carroll had a strong offensive showing scoring seven goals and allowed zero goals to Wilmington.
- In the fourth quarter Delaney was able to notch another goal but Wilmington was unable to overcome the deficit. John Carroll won with a score of 17-5.
- The top offensive performer of the afternoon was Delaney with two goals and two assists.
- Defensively, junior Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) picked up nine ground balls and junior Jake Ladendorf (Crown Point, IN/ Crown Point) caused two turnovers while picking up three ground balls.
- Koerbel allowed 17 goals with 26 saves and four ground balls on the afternoon.
- "We played well three out of the four quarters today and that ended up being a big difference in the game," said head coach Bryan Habick
- "Reid has continued to lead us offensivley and Paul had a nice day in goal making 26 saves," said coach Habick.
Wilmington (2-9) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 12th, competing at home against Otterbein in conference action.