Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's Lacrosse team took on the Ohio Northern Polar Bears this evening. Wilmington lost against Ohio Northern by a score of 15-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first period both Wilmington scored three goals, two coming by senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney), in route to a 3-3 score at the end of the first.
- In the second period Wilmington was held scoreless while Ohio Northern was led by Cameron Marous with three goals out of their six scored in the period. Ohio Northern led at the half by a score of 9-3.
- In the third period, it was Wilmington's turn to hold Ohio Northern while junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut) was able to put in his second goals of the night cutting the lead to 9-5 at the end of the third.
- In the fourth period Ohio Northern's offense took offense took off scoring six straight goals and holding Wilmington scoreless.
- The top offensive performers of the evening for Wilmington were Lang and Hein with two goals each.
- Defensively, junior Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) and junior Jake Ladendorf (Crown Point, IN/ Crown Point) led the way with six and five ground balls, respectively.
- Senior goalie, Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/Kings) allowed 15 goals with 17 saves and four ground balls on the afternoon.
- "We played very well today during the first and third quarters, but we were unable to capitalize throughout the rest of the game," said head coach Bryan Habick
- "Chris had a great offensive performance tonight and I was proud of the way the guys have continued to work hard all season long," said coach Habick.
Wilmington (2-8) returns to action 1:00 p.m. Saturday, April 8th, competing at home against John Carroll in conference action.