Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's Lacrosse team took on the Wabash Little Giants this evening. Wilmington lost against Wabash by a score of 10-9.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• In the first period both Wabash and Wilmington were able to trade three goals apiece back and forth. Junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut) was able to notch two goals in the first for Wilmington.
• In the second period Wabash came out very strong with scoring five goals to Wilmington's one by junior Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland), leaving Wabash up 8-4 at the half.
• To begin the third period Wilmington scored a goal at the 13:13 mark, but not before Wabash was able to answer two more goals of their own. Wilmington was able to add another goal at the end of the third by Diment.
• In the fourth period Wilmington closed in on Wabash by scoring three goals, two by Lang and one by senior Reid Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster). Wilmington came up short on the night even with a strong finish in the fourth quarter.
• The top offensive performers of the evening for Wilmington were Lang with four goals, Diment with two goals and Delaney notching two goals.
• Defensively, Diment showed up strong in the face-offs as well as totaling 13 ground balls. Freshman Matthew Willenbrink (Middletown, OH/Bishop Fenwick) and freshman Jordan Grossen (Wooster, OH/ Wooster) were able to cause three turnovers on the night.
• Goalie, Paul Koerbel allowed 10 goals while totaling 10 saves on the evening.
- "This was a hard-fought game and I'm proud of the way our guys battled through the fourth period," said head coach Bryan Habick
- "Tanner Diment had an amazing game at face-offs and additionally, helped us in our offensive attacks scoring two goals," said coach Habick.
Wilmington (3-6) returns to action 1:00 p.m. Saturday, April 1st, competing at home in this season's second conference game against Baldwin Walla