Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's lacrosse team took on the Mount Union Purple Raiders this afternoon. Wilmington lost against Mount Union by a score of 14-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Mount Union came out quick in the first and second periods totaling eight goals to Wilmington's two goals. Mount Union was led in the first half by Chris Daley's three goals.
• In the second half Wilmington was able to cut into the lead by scoring four goals. Wilmington was led by senior Reid Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster) scoring his second goal in the fourth period and junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut) who was able to notch two goals in the second half.
• The top offensive performers of the afternoon for Wilmington were Delaney and Lang both compiling two goals each.
• Defensively, senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney), paced Wilmington by totaling one caused turnover and picking up two ground balls.
• Senior goalie, Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/Kings) allowed 14 goals while totaling 20 saves on the afternoon.
• "We were able to come up with some more offensive production this game, but couldn't find the back of the net," said coach Bryan Habick
• "Defensively the team played well and Koerbel had an outstanding day in goal. We also need to focus on winning the ground ball game and capitalizing on our offensive attempts," said Coach Habick.
Wilmington (2-6) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 29th, competing at home against Wabash in non-conference action.