Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's Lacrosse team took on the Transylvania Pioneers this evening. Wilmington lost against Transylvania by a score of 16-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Transylvania came out strong in the first period scoring five goals to none against Wilmington. The Pioneers were led by Zac Roby who scored one goal and assisted on another.
• In the second period Wilmington was able to hold their own led by senior Reid Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster) scoring all three goals. At the half Wilmington was down by a score of 8-3.
• To begin the third period Wilmington came out fast again scoring the first goal of the period by freshman Andrew Miller (Plain City, OH/ Jonathan Alder).
• Wilmington was unable to stop the high-powered offensive attack that the Pioneers proved to be the rest of the evening. The Pioneers went on an eight-goal scoring run to finish out the third and fourth periods.
• The top offensive performer of the evening for Wilmington was Delaney with three goals on five shots.
• Defensively, freshman Matthew Willenbrink (Middletown, OH/ Bishop Fenwick) led the way causing four turnovers and picking up three ground balls.
• Senior goalie, Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/Kings) allowed 16 goals while totaling 14 saves on the evening.
• "Transylvania is a great program and they were able to create matchups that caused us trouble all evening," said coach Bryan Habick
Wilmington (3-5) returns to action 1:00 p.m. Saturday, March 25th, competing away against Mount Union in this season's first conference action.