The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's lacrosse team fell to Trine Saturday, 18-8, in their home opener in non-conference action at Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Trine came out strong in the first period scoring four goals on only seven shots. Wilmington was able to add two goals in the first by senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney) and by freshman Andrew Miller (Plain City, OH/ Jonathan Alder High School).
• In the second period Trine was able to score five additional goals adding to the lead and by a score of 9-4 at halftime. Wilmington was able to score two goals in the second period coming from Miller and freshman Connor Judge (Dublin, OH/ Scioto).
• Only down five at the half Wilmington was mounting a comeback but struggled to put any shots in the back of the net. While outshooting Trine on the day 36-34, Wilmington could not capitalize with adding goals to their total.
• The top performers of the evening for Wilmington were Miller with three goals on three shots, Judge with three goals on three shots and Hein with two goals and an assist on three shots.
• Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) totaled 13 ground balls while defensively five players each totaled one caused turnover a piece.
• "Connor Judge played great today, and hopefully moving forward will be a key contributor to our upcoming games," said Wilmington head coach Bryan Habick.
• "Trine came out and played a tough one and put us in positions where we struggled to be successful today. We are excited to get back to practice this week with a good opponent coming in on Saturday that we need to be prepared for," said Habick.
Wilmington (2-2) returns to action 12:00 p.m. Saturday, hosting SUNY-Geneseo in non-conference action.
June 21, 2017 Changes announced for the athletic department
May 9, 2017 Delaney named All-OAC
April 30, 2017 Another record for Delaney as @DubC_MensLax posts win
April 26, 2017 @DubC_MensLax falls under early assault
April 19, 2017 @DubC_MLAX breaks three school records in win over MSJ
April 15, 2017 Four players score in @DubC_MensLax win
April 12, 2017 DubC_MLAX suffers tough loss in game against Otterbein
April 8, 2017 Delaney's two goals for DubC_MLAX not enough
April 5, 2017 @dubc_MLAX drops away game at Ohio Northern
April 1, 2017 Delaney notches 100th career goal
March 29, 2017 Men's Lacrosse falls to Wabash
March 25, 2017 @DubC_MensLax falls to MTU
March 18, 2017 @DubC_MensLax falls to SUNY Geneseo 18-7
March 11, 2017 Trine upends @DubC_MensLax
March 8, 2017 @DubC_MensLax falls to Hanover
March 6, 2017 OAC honors for Delaney
March 4, 2017 Delaney establishes school record in rout
February 25, 2017 Delaney, Hein key @DubC_MensLax victory
February 24, 2017 @DubC_MLAX Season Preview
October 26, 2016 Habick named @DubC_MensLax coach