Senior Reid Delaney established a new single-game record with eight goals as the Wilmington College men's lacrosse team lambasted LaRoche, 24-2, in non-conference action on Townsend Field in Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster) scored twice in the first period and three times in each of the second and third to break Alexander Gossard's record which was set twice in 2014. The attackman added three assists in the win, and now has 11 goals and seven assists in two games.
- Defensively, Wilmington caused 22 turnovers out of La Roche's 36, ultimately playing a big part in the number of offensive opportunities for the Fightin' Quakers throughout the match. Junior Jake Ladendorf (Crown Pointe, IN/Crown Pointe) had a team-high five caused turnovers and 12 groundball pickups.
- With a significant 6-1 lead after the first period, Wilmington was able to extend that lead by scoring ten consecutive goals in the second period.
- Wilmington was a perfect 33-of-33 on their clear attempts, and turned back all three of the Redhawks' power-play attempts.
- Freshman Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) was 15-of-16 on faceoffs as WC was 22-of-31 on the game. Diment added a team-high 15 groundball pickups.
- Freshman Connor Judge (Dublin, OH/Scioto) finished with five goals and one assist, while junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut) added three goals and a team-high five asissts.
- Senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney) contributed four goals and two assists.
- Senior goalkeeper Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/ Kings) earned his second consecutive win of the season, finishing with 3 saves on the day.
Wilmington (2-0) returns to action 4 p.m. Wednesday, traveling to Hanover in non-conference action.