WESTERVILLE – The Wilmington College baseball team lost both ends of the Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader to Otterbein Wednesday at Fishbaugh Field.
GAME ONE: OTTERBEIN 10, WILMINGTON 1
- Wilmington scored its lone run of the game on a junior Jake Robinson (Westerville, OH/North) sacrifice fly in the fourth inning, scoring sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) – who opened the inning with a single. The run tied the game.
- The Fightin' Quakers tried to take the lead in the fourth but the double steal attempt failed.
- Otterbein reclaimed the lead with a single run in the fourth and added five runs in the fifth. The Cardinals scored a run in the sixth and two more in the seventh.
- Sophomore Jarett Trautman, 0-4, (Hartville, OH/Field) allowed seven runs on five hits in 4 1/3 innings. He added five walks with zero strikeouts.
GAME TWO: OTTERBEIN 14, WILMINGTON 4
- Sophomore Ryan Collett (Wilmington, OH/Clinton Massie), in his first career start, allowed six runs on five hits with three walks.
- The middle of Wilmington's order, Hyatt, junior Joshua Chua (Lancaster, England/Claremont [CA]) and Robinson, registered six of WC's 10 hits, all three RBI and three of the four runs scored.
- Chua finished with a pair of doubles, and junior Tyler McDaniel (Trenton, OH/Edgewood) also had a double.
- Otterbein finished with 14 hits, including six for extra bases.
Wilmington (7-24 overall, 2-10) travels to Marietta 1 p.m. Saturday for an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader.