BEXLEY – The Wilmington College baseball team dropped a pair of Ohio Athletic Conference Saturday to Capital at Clowson Field.
GAME ONE: CAPITAL 7, WILMINGTON 4
- A two-out error in the bottom of the eighth inning enabled Capital to score three unearned runs to snap a 4-all tie.
- Sophomore Jarett Trautman, 0-2, (Hartville, OH/Field) was saddled with the loss, allowed three unearned runs on three hits in 1 2/3 innings.
- Sophomore Jared Ferenchak (Concord, OH/Notre Dame Cathedral Latin) started, and allowed four runs (three earned) on six hits in 6 1/3 innings.
- Capital scored all seven of its runs in its last three plate appearances.
- Wilmington took the lead on a sophomore Gage Bley (Harrison, OH/Harrison) sacrifice fly in the fourth, and then reclaimed the lead with three runs in the top of the seventh.
- Junior Jake Robinson (Westerville, OH/North) went 2-for-4 with two stolen bases, while Bley was 2-for-3.
GAME TWO: CAPITAL 5, WILMINGTON 0
- Wilmington was limited to four hits, singles by Robinson, Bley, sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) and sophomore Ryan Collett (Wilmington, OH/Clinton Massie).
- Freshman Matt Oney, 3-2, (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle) hurled the first complete game of his career. He allowed five runs (three earned) on 12 hits in eight innings.
Wilmington (5-16 overall, 1-3 OAC) have a week off before returning to action 1 p.m. Saturday in an OAC doubleheader at John Carroll.