RICHMOND, IN – The Wilmington College baseball team dropped both ends of a non-conference doubleheader to Earlham Saturday at Sadler Field. The FIghtin' Quakers fell in the first game, 10-0, and then lost in the nightcap, 10-1.
- Freshman Jacob Helterbrand, 0-3, (Hillsboro, OH/Hillsboro) suffered the loss, allowing seven earned runs in 2 1/3 innings.
- Wilmington's bullpen – sophomore Jarett Trautman (Hartville, OH/Field), freshman Lance Fleischman (Milford, OH/Milford) and freshman Bryant McCarty (Russia, OH/Russia) yielded just two earned runs in 5 2/3 innings.
- Junior Joshua Chua (Lancaster, England/Claremont [CA]) recorded three of WC's five hits in the loss. Two of his three hits were doubles.
- Junior Tyler McDaniel (Trenton, OH/Edgewood) brought home Wilmington's lone run, a RBI double, scoring sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) in the seventh inning.
- Wilmington was 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position.
- Chua finished 2-for-4 with a double and two stolen bases. It was his fourth multi-hit game, and he has recorded a hit in 11 of 12 games.
- Freshman Matt Oney, 2-1, (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle) allowed four runs on six hits in six innings of work with two strikeouts. He started his career with four scoreless appearances (14 innings) before allowing four runs in his third start.
Wilmington (3-9 overall) looks to salvage a game in the three-game series, playing Earlham noon Sunday.