MARYVILLE, TN – The Wilmington College baseball team dropped a pair of non-conference games Tuesday to Maryville, falling 7-6 in game one, and losing 6-2 in the nightcap.
GAME ONE: MARYVILLE 7, WILMINGTON 6
- Wilmington fell behind 4-1 after two innings as starter Joey Hollback (Salem, OH/Sebring McKinney) last just 1 1/3 innings. Hollback allowed four runs, two earned, on two hits with one walk.
- Junior Jake Robinson (Westerville, OH/South) was 3-for-4 with a double, RBI and run scored. He had tallied a hit in six of the last seven games, and this is his first multi-hit game of the season.
- Sophomore Gage Bley (Harrison, OH/Harrison) recorded his second multi-hit game of the season, going 3-for-4 with a RBI.
- The Fightin' Quakers tallied a single run in the second, four in the sixth and another one in the ninth.
- Sophomore Ryan Collett (Wilmington, OH/Clinton-Massie) had two hits, while freshman Nick Silvis (Beavercreek, OH/Indian Lake) scored twice and had a double.
- Junior Joshua Chua (Lancaster, England/Claremont [CA]) connected on his the second homer of the season, a two-run shot in the sixth inning.
GAME TWO: MARYVILLE 6, WILMINGTON 2
- Sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) had Wilmington's only RBI, bringing home a pair of runs in the eighth inning.
- Sophomore starter Jared Farenchak, 1-2, (Concord, OH/Notre Dame Cathedral Latin) suffered the loss – yielding six earned runs on seven hits in 4 2/3 innings. He struck out four and walked a pair.
- The Scots tallied two runs in the second and four in the fifth for their scoring.
- Six different Wilmington players had hits.
Wilmington (3-7) stays in Tennessee to play Johnson in a non-conference doubleheader 1 p.m. Wednesday.